[ a b s i l e n c e ]

Sunday, July 14, 2002

so i had a car crash.

i was in the wrong part of town, looking for a non-existent park in that area...when i decided to essentially turn around and go the other direction. realizing that there were no yellow lines, meaning i was going against traffic, i decided to take a right turn at the next available street. a car comes out of nowhere and crosses my path. i slam on the brakes and check where it came from. another car was sitting at the stop sign, so i decided to start my wide right turn because there was a car parked at the corner. then the car comes out of the stop signed area and hits me, causing my car to do a 180. he rolls by, and then speeds off. ironic how my first car crash is a hit and run. nothing serious happened, it should be all auto-body metal work, but i doubt my parents are going to do it.

mom came down hella hard on me in public, but loosened up on me when i got home because she saw how ripped up i was inside. dad was firm the entire time until now, but always sympathetic because he was glad i wasn't dead or in the hospital.

no report was filed to the DMV or the insurance company.

chances are we'll just take the volvo to trade in this summer.

i'm just kinda glad i'm still alive...

makes me think of my own mortality. fuck...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home