[ a b s i l e n c e ]

Wednesday, September 01, 2004

this isn't a new revelation, but rather a revival of an old one.

back in high school, a psychology class called upon me to record all my dreams down for a month.

i kept pen and pad underneath my pillow, and for the whole month, i dreamt vividly, constantly and wildly.

it was probably the best month i ever had, in terms of sleep. i didn't always feel rested in the morning, but i certainly had something to think about.

i decided to try that again. i stuck pen and pad underneath my pillow last night.

most of my dreams that i recorded are fragmented, at best. none of them were as vivid as the time in high school. but i'm sure over time, these dreams will get refined and become more and more clear and memorable.

most of these dreams i could not remember for my life right when i woke up. i'd fall back asleep and remember them, pop awake and scribble them down.

the other problem was the fact that i was scribbling them down in near darkness. i'm not able to read some of the things i wrote.

it looks lilke a 1st grader was in charge of this pad, but i learned in high school that it's crucial to keep the lights off when writing this stuff. falling back asleep is a lot easier.

here are the results from last night:

1: something about a restaurant and a (unrecognizable) eating at it documentary style.

frankly, i have no idea what that means, nor do i remember what the dream was.

2: i dreamt wrote in this book, boring repeated dreams

i barely remember this one. i dreamt that i wrote a lot of dreams on the pad that i had. however, when i woke up to write this one down, this was the second one that i had written down, as opposed to the 7th or 8th one that i had written down in my dream state.

3: Hawaiian cocktail luau, was with Dad/Denzel Washington/Others, saw Robin Williams no Filimng, was asked to leave, talked to a girl for RW and she said call me but no number. HA. Beat the shit out of some (17) kid who was in the kiddie pool and pissing in it

I clearly remember this one with a little bit of difficulty. It was a place in Hawaii with stores, people, pools, similar to a cross between Raging Waters, a Hawaiian Place, and a tourist attraction spot. I was clearly with my Dad, but he turned into Denzel Washington and my roommate at times, but he was still the same person.
We saw Robin Williams performing his comedy routine for people in one of those knee deep pools, so we went up to watch. My dad handed me his video camera, when the girl for Robin Williams (probably his agent or something), told me no recording. I told her that I wasn't recording. She was not super attractive, but decently good looking, but she had a stupid temper. When she saw that I still had my camera in hand, she asked me to leave.
I told her that I wasn't recording and that I was just enjoying the show. My dad, who by this time turned into Denzel Washington was yelling at the girl, telling her to mind her own business, and that I wasn't recording the show. But she goes, "He's recording the show, sir. I asked him to stop." and straight out, i grabbed her hand and said "You fucking girl. You're so full of it. I wouldn't be recording that overgrown monkey (borrowed THAT from Robin Williams Live on Broadway) and I certainly WOULDN'T be recording you, you bitch."
She then puts her hand up to her head in that "call me" sign, and I flipped her off. At that point, Denzel turned into my roommate, and he grabbed me in a full nelson and pulled me out of there and away. As soon as he let go, it turned into my Dad, and my dad was lecturing me about listening to the woman. Of course since the morphing of Dad to Denzel to roommate was going on, my Dad wasn't there at all, so he didn't understand why I didn't just listen to the stupid girl.
We passed some restaurants, and decided to stop for some chips, salsa, and guacamole, but to get there, we had to walk through a 7 feet kiddie pool. why is it so damn deep, i have no clue. but this 17 year old kid was basically doing a stupid rhyme, and talking about how he was pissing in the pool.
i grabbed him out of the pool and just took my frustrations out on him and tossed him back in the pool. me and my dad got the chips and i woke up after that.

4. brus the colate on upside down popsicles bar? turr right side up, TADA. Crown.

I sort of remember this one. you take a vanilla bar, and you take really cold chocolate syrup. you brush it on the bar while you're holding it up side down, so it drips down toward the tip, sorta like if you pour hot wax over something. maybe i poured the chocolate on. either way, when the chocolate beads up 3/4 of the way to the tip, you stop. stick it in the freezer, ASAP. when you take it out again though, the chocolate should be frozen, and turn it right side up. If down properly, it looks pretty cool, similar to a crown.

i like these experiments. they're pretty fun. i kinda wish i had my sketchbook, even though I left it in San Diego. the images could be so vivid that i could sketch them out of my head.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home