[ a b s i l e n c e ]

Wednesday, June 23, 2004

new goals

a) be able to physically join the army.
that is:
with 22% max body fat, and max allowable weight of 174 (WHOO, I'm 166!) I should be able to do
- at least 42 pushups in 2 minutes
- at least 53 situps in 2 minutes
- run 2 miles in 15:54

i can shoot for "crazy muhfugga" status which is:
same body fat, same allowable weight, do
- at least 71 pushups in 2 minutes
- at least 78 situps in 2 minutes
- run 2 miles in 13 minutes flat

i would like to be able to fall somewhere in between "joining the army" and "you crazy muhfugga".

i think if i want to make it a little harder, i can tack on something the marines do: pullups.

to get into the marines in terms of JUST pull ups, it'd be to do 6 of them. I'd have to look up the pushups, situps and running again...i'm not too keen on marine standards.

the army is NOT the most lenient in terms of physical qualifications either...the coast and national guard actually is. In 60 seconds, be able to do like 29 pushups and 32 situps. I mean, really...I can do that already. the point is to challenge myself, and already trying to do proper pushups and do 20 of them in a row is difficult for me. but work on it i must.

my chest just feels really tight tonight...what with the constant push-ups.

b) wax my car and wax it GOOD.

i bought car wax, bought meguiar's quick detailer, so everything should be good for now in terms of car care. i've tinkered with the intake on my car as much as it can go, and so now i have a "poor man's short ram", which just involved me de-snorkeling the car and taking out a white plastic piece inside the box that limits the airflow to a quarter of the box as opposed to the whole box. my car sounds even MORE obnoxiously loud after 4000rpm, and i LOVE it.

c) get rid of my fat.

yeah...people tell me i'm not fat, and i guess i'm not...but i would still like to be trim. or at least not embarassed to walk around with my shirt off. but that's a derivative goal from goal a.

d) get work experience.
on my way with that, what with going to taiwan. all will be good, i'll get more clothes and a chance to work in an overseas corporate world. Yay!

alrighty. enough with the updating. it's time to researach more about cars and guitars.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home